[chirp_users] FTDi, HT, driver or user issue? Help

Dennis Yocom, President & CEO
Wed Jul 27 06:53:36 PDT 2016

John et. al.: I'm completely confused now. I bought one PC03 FTDI Authentic
<https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HUB0ONK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?
ie=UTF8&psc=1>  Genuine USB Programming Cable for BaoFeng, Kenwood, etc
from Amazon, which said, Sold by:
<https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/seller/at-a-glance.html/ref=oh_aui_sellerpro
file_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&isAmazonFulfilled=1&marketplaceSeller=1&orderID=115-982
3267-6753002&seller=AA3MGRC7F9EI2> BaoFeng Tech for $20.46

The cable, which doesn't have any ID on it anywhere (except for a USB symbol
and something else near it which I don't recognize) was supposed to be the
correct cable to use in programming a pair of new Baofeng F8HPs.  With my
Windows 7 machine, I got the  "Radio did not respond" message about a dozen
times. I've pushed that cable in so hard I surprised it didn't come out the
other side.

I realize I'm not the brightest crayon in the box, but does this sound like
a cable issue, HT, user or a driver issue ( I've tried several times to
manually install a driver with no luck)?  The BaofengTech instructions with
the cable indicate the cable was supposed to initiate the proper downloads,
and it was supposed to be a snap.  Can someone lighten this poor fool?

DR Yocom
- dryocom at comcast.net
<javascript:window.top.ZmObjectManager.__doClickObject(document.getElementBy
Id(%22OBJ_PREFIX_DWT2282_com_zimbra_email%22));>

DR Yocom

-  Dennis at basiclifetraining.com