[chirp_users] FTDI drivers

kc6iih
Tue Jul 26 21:56:54 PDT 2016

It doesn't pay to be cheap with the cables .
I have found thru experience that good cables like those from www.rtsystems are the best .

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab®|PRO

-------- Original message --------
From: Jim Pruitt <jpruitt67 at gmail.com>
Date:07/26/2016  9:44 PM  (GMT-08:00)
To: Discussion of CHIRP <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>
Subject: Re: [chirp_users] FTDI drivers

Hello John.

What you missed (or I did not make clear) was that when I switched cables to the real FTDI cable (also says Baoefeng) it worked.  When I went back to the other cable (FTDI clone) the same GT3 (UR5 definitions) then it said radio was not responding.  The only change was the cable itself.  It works now but none of the 4 cheap cables that appear to be FTDI clones do not work.  That was why I was looking for the old drivers and info as to which drivers worked with the FTDI copies.

I also have an XP machine that I have to set up as well and that will be fun.

Thank you.

Jim Pruitt