[chirp_users] KT-8900R

Pavel Milanes (CO7WT)
Fri Jul 15 08:06:41 PDT 2016

Hi Marc,
My experience and test as the main developer of the driver for this
radio in the interaction with other users:

1 - The band limits are encoded in a high mem area with READ ONLY
attribute, any attempt to write to it and the radio will reset taking
itself out of the cloning mode.

2 - One user managed to get it down (you will need pro equipment and
soft skill to do that) and the reception was poor in 220 Mhz and the TX
on the high setting results on a lot of heat and only 1 or 2 watts of
output.

Aka: it's technically difficult mod it in software and the hardware part
is not prepared to manage the 222 Mhz band with the power dissipated as
heat and final blowing is a high change in this situation.

My advice: sold it and get a BTECH UV5001+220 instead.

73 Pavel CO7WT.

--
73 Pavel CO7WT.