[chirp_users] KT-8900R

Larry Lovell
Wed Jul 13 14:35:38 PDT 2016

My radio does not have 240 to 260 MHz.  However, I have successfully
programmed the radio using this software.  It is very difficult to find the
proper driver for the USB to radio cable.  I used my basic computer which
runs Windows 10.
Many other programming software works better with my old Windows XP machine.
The readout on the KT-8900 makes it difficult to make sure that all options
were programmed properly.  I have not used it to transmit yet for that
reason.  Instructions on the radio are still sketchy to me.  But Windows 10
and the software does seem to work.

On Wed, Jul 13, 2016 at 3:19 PM, Marc via chirp_users <
chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com> wrote:

> I see that this radio is supported and would like to know if anyone has
> any experience with it?
>
> Will CHIRP allow permanent modifications to the band edge limits,
> particularly 220, as the radio is shipped 240-260 MHz?
>
> Will the radio operate with 220 in one VFO and 440 in the other?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Marc

Larry Lovell
73's N7RGW