[chirp_users] Cannot Roll Back Prolific Driver

Rev. David E. Hamm
Fri Jul 8 08:57:02 PDT 2016

Last year, I programmed a Baofeng UV5R5 for a friend. I have been asked to
program another Baofeng UV5R5. I have the standard Baofeng Programming
Cable, BF-888S.

For some reason, I cannot get Prolific driver version 3.2.0 to install.
Every time I deinstall version 3.6.81.357 and try to reinstall version
3.2.0, I end up with 3.6.81.357 again.

I have tried using the CD that came with the cable as well as the version
3.2.0 driver found at http://www.miklor.com/COM/UV_Drivers.php.

Could somebody please give me a step-by-step as to how to install the
version 3.2.0 driver? The "Roll Back" driver version button is greyed-out.

Thanks in advance for help with this perplexing problem. Theoretically, this
should be easy.

73, Dave K4EET