[chirp_users] Command-line Linux

Dan Smith
Fri Jul 1 09:36:27 PDT 2016

Hi Mike,

> I don't really want to do this either from Windows or from the Linux GUI
> as I'm a blind user and it's my experience that a lot of these
> applications are not accessible.  Particularly on Linux as unless it's
> written in GTK it'll be almost inevitably impossible for me to use.

Nobody really works on the command line tool which means it's not very
useful, unfortunately. That said, the UI is in fact written in GTK and
I've been told that it works fine on Linux with a screen reader. Note
that there is a relevant FAQ entry on this as well:

http://chirp.danplanet.com/projects/chirp/wiki/FAQ#Im-a-blind-ham-Can-I-use-CHIRP-with-a-screen-reader

Good luck!

--Dan