[chirp_users] inexpensive Dual Band Mobile radios?

Jim MacKenzie
Tue Jan 26 07:13:37 PST 2016

I have the Leixen VV-998 which is around $60 US at amazon.com, and is well-supported by CHIRP, if anyone is looking for such a radio that has current support.  It's a very compact dual-band 10-watt mobile rig.  I plan on putting mine through its paces in my rental car in south Florida next month.

Jim VE5EIS

-----Original Message-----
From: chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com [mailto:chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com] On Behalf Of Jim Unroe
Sent: January-26-16 3:57 AM
To: Discussion of CHIRP <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>
Subject: Re: [chirp_users] inexpensive Dual Band Mobile radios?

Actually the KT8900 is being worked on . It is in the same family as the UV-5001 and UV2501. I have them both. I also have a MINI-8900 (which is basically a KT-8900 with a fan). Pavel is currently helping me with the UV-5001. It has been tricky to read from and write to reliably. I already have the UV-5001 mapped out. Once we have reading and writing issue solved, I don't see it taking long to make the
UV-5001 available. Then the UV-2501 and similar radios like the
MINI-8900 (there are several) shouldn't be very far behind.