[chirp_users] inexpensive Dual Band Mobile radios?

Tim Billingsley
Mon Jan 25 17:49:48 PST 2016

> On Nov 10, 2015, at 7:45 AM, John LaMartina <johnla at usa.net> wrote:
>
> Here is the review of the VV898 series.
> http://www.miklor.com/COM/Review_VV898.php
>
> as well as the
> http://www.miklor.com/COM/Review_KT8900.php
> An updated version of the KT8900 is to be released in about 5 days.
> (no bugs and more features)
>

> *The VV898 is CHIRP compatible.The KT8900 is not CHIRP compatible yet.*
>
> John
> - http://www.miklor.com

I see a comment that the KT-8900 "is not" chirp compatible.
Is that a current status or a forever status?

Unfortunately the current software is M$ compatible, but CHIRP will bridge
that gap. Looking forward to the release if it is to be.

Tim KD5CKP