[chirp_users] Data changes from "Upload" to "Download"

Amnon Zohar
Sun Jan 24 14:25:42 PST 2016

i have 2 baofeng radios
1 is UV-5RA
the other is UV-5RA+
they look a little different, but basically they are the same
both show 297 as firmware ver when put on with 3 pressed
only when read with chirp i can see that 1 is really 307 and the other is
311!

i cannot upload to one radio what i downloaded from the other because
firmware versions are different!
therefore i have to program each one seperately! which is preaty annoying!!
i do not see any differace in data formation!
if i remember right it was not like that on previous versions of chirp

when i use the radio to radio cloning cable it works well so it is weired
that under chip it doesnt.
did chirp programmers preferred giving us a hard time just to be on the
safe side??
i will thank the one that will go through the trouble to check which
firmware versions are actually compatible and allow uploading and which are
not and do not allow it.
i know it is easier to compare version numbers and decide. but i believe
easy should be kept for the user not for the programmer.
i really hope someone take the job.
or at least tell me which older version of chip did not check the firmware
version. or checked the wrong version field which shows 297 for both

what is the meaning of the message read with power on+6?

> Wonder why the data I upload to my radio is changed when it downloads.
> Specially: When I upload the tone of 100 MHz, when downloaded from the
> radio, the 100 MHZ is changes to 88.5 MHz.  Also the Tone Mode changes
> from Tone to TSQL?  Why is that?
>
> Radio:  Baofeng F8HP
> CHIRP:  CHIRP daily-20160110
>

> --