[chirp_users] Data changes from "Upload" to "Download"

Jim Unroe
Sun Jan 24 14:22:29 PST 2016

On Sun, Jan 24, 2016 at 3:58 PM, Rick, KE0HCN <ke0hcn at gmail.com> wrote:
> Wonder why the data I upload to my radio is changed when it downloads.
> Specially: When I upload the tone of 100 MHz, when downloaded from the
> radio, the 100 MHZ is changes to 88.5 MHz.  Also the Tone Mode changes
> from Tone to TSQL?  Why is that?
>
> Radio:  Baofeng F8HP
> CHIRP:  CHIRP daily-20160110
>

> --
> Rick Dunagan
> KE0HCN

Rick,

You would probably understand what is going on better if you click on
View and enabled "Hide Unused Fields".

When Tone Mode is set to Tone, only the Tone column is used. You set
the Tone column frequency to 100.0 and leave the ToneSql column set to
the default 88.5 (it is ignored). When you press the PTT button a
100.0 Hz CTCSS tone is transmitted but no tone is required to open
your receivers squelch. This is like setting menu 11 (R-CTCS) to OFF
and menu 13 (T-CTCS) to 100.0 Hz.

When Tone Mode is set to TSQL, only the ToneSql column is used. You
set the ToneSql column to 100.0 and leave the Tone column set to the
default 88.5 (it is ignored). When you press the PTT button a 100.0 Hz
CTCSS tone is transmitted. And when you receive a 100.0 Hz CTCSS tone
is required to open the squelch of your radio. This is like setting
menu 11 (R-CTCS) to 100.0 Hz and menu 13 (T-CTCS) to 100.0 Hz.

So if you are putting values into the unused columns, CHIRP will put
them back to their default values (the value that all unused fields
should have).

Take a look at these guides and examples:
http://www.miklor.com/COM/UV_CHIRP.php#guides