[chirp_users] Linux serial devices cheat sheet (was: Linux usb port in Ubuntu and Mint)

Pavel Milanes (CO7WT)
Fri Jan 22 13:25:35 PST 2016

A little cheat sheet for linux serial devices:

*/dev/ttyS0, /dev/ttyS1, etc*
Real native Motherboards ports, sort order is from the IRQ number

*/dev/ttyUSB0,  /dev/ttyUSB1, etc*
The majority of the USB serial adapters, sort order is the plug in order.

*/dev/ttyACM0, /dev/ttyACM1, etc*
Some USB serial adapters (mostly based on PIC or AVR MCU) sort order is
the plug in order

73, CO7WT.