[chirp_users] Support for BTECH, Juentai & Luiton radios

Pavel Milanes (CO7WT)
Wed Jan 20 14:53:29 PST 2016

WOW, What a coincidence!

I live in the Camagüey city, about 100Km east of the province of Ciego
de Avila, where Cayo Coco Key belongs.

If you like, drop me a direct email and we will arrange a meeting.

73 and Happy trip/holidays in advance.

El 20/01/16 a las 13:28, Randy Elliott escribió:
> Hi Pavel
>
> Where in Cuba Do you live?
> I am leaving for Cuba this Saturday. I will be in Cayo Coco.
>

> Randy Elliott VE3JPU
> 234 Rands Rd
> Ajax, Ontario, Canada
> L1S 3Y5
> 905-995-5135
> Email: ve3jpu at me.com
>
> On 2016-01-19, at 11:48 PM, Pavel Milanes (CO7WT) wrote:
>
> Please see this links
>
> http://chirp.danplanet.com/issues/3015#note-3
> http://chirp.danplanet.com/issues/3015#note-4
>
> I can do it, but need the radio in hand to map it's mem and build a
> driver,  buying one from here is not possible to me.
>
> Any of you can arrange to make a crowdfund campaign to buy one of this
> radios and send it to me in Cuba; I will do the job ride away.
>
> If you like the idea contact me for details, Cheers.
>
> El 19/01/16 a las 20:16, Pavel Milanes (CO7WT) escribió:
>> Hi Raymond,
>>
>> You can follow the B-TECH driver development here:
>>
>> http://chirp.danplanet.com/issues/3131
>>
>> Jim & I worked out a script to dump radio's memory, so just wait for Jim
>> to map the mem and make the driver.
>>
>> I can do it, but has no radio available here to play with.
>>
>> I'm focused on old commercial kenwoods that are very common here.
>>
>> 73
>>

>> El 12/01/16 a las 02:19, raymond reese via chirp_users escribió:
>>> A friend of mine has purchased the first two radios in the list below and I have compared them as well.
>>>
>>> With regards to the following radios:
>>>
>>> BTECH: UV-2501 & UV-5001
>>> Juentai: JT-6188
>>> Luiton: LT-898UV
>>>
>>> Will CHIRP be supporting these radios in the near future?
>>> I intend to buy the BTECH unit, whether it is supported by CHIRP or not.
>>> Anyone else out there have their own opinions of these radios and similar cousins?
>>>
>>> 73's
>>> Ray