[chirp_users] Wrong version being reported under Ubuntu

David Chatterton
Sun Jan 17 13:41:55 PST 2016

Despite having accepted the latest update to Chirp via the Software
Updater and verified under Synaptic Package Manager that the version of
Chirp-daily installed is 20160116~wily~1, the About menu item reports
CHIRP daily-20151023 and has done so for the most recent updates. I have
completely removed and re-installed chirp-daily but still get the same
old version on the About CHIRP pane.

Is there an image file on Ubuntu that I need to remove manually or is
the updated version deficient in some way?

David