[chirp_users] Support for BTECH, Juentai & Luiton radios

John B. Leonard Jr
Tue Jan 12 04:47:08 PST 2016

Are you using an external antenna?
If so, does it have a rounded bead at the end of the antenna?
If you use a different radio, does it exhibit the same problem?
An antenna moving thru the air will likely develop a static charge which
will result in degraded audio.  The purpose of the rounded tip is to
discharge this static.
Airplanes often have discharge wicks on the trailing edges to discharge
static.
At our club meeting recently, we had someone complain of the same
problem.  He changed his antenna to one that had a "coronal discharge"
tip and it solved his audio problem.

John Leonard
W9JBL
DeKalb, IL