[chirp_users] Baofeng UV5R Radio Did not Respond error

Jim Unroe
Sat Jan 9 14:34:55 PST 2016

On Sat, Jan 9, 2016 at 5:02 PM, Michael Mullett <mgmhistory at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am new to the radio and the Chirp software.  I downloaded the latest
> build, but when I try to download from radio I get error "Radio Did Not
> Respond"error.  Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks, Mike

The #1 cause of this issue is the device driver installed. If you have
a programming cable with a Prolific type chip (check Device Manager to
find out), then the device driver this is automatically installed by
Windows is incompatible. I will have to be downgraded to an older, but
compatible, v3.2.0.0.

http://www.miklor.com/COM/UV_Drivers.php

The #2 cause of this issue is not getting the 2-pin plug fully
inserted into the radio.

http://www.miklor.com/COM/UV_ErrorMess.php#error1