[chirp_users] Boefeng UV-5R V2+

Jim Unroe
Thu Jan 7 17:56:21 PST 2016

On Thu, Jan 7, 2016 at 8:40 PM, Matt Wachala <mpwbs92 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am still having trouble downloading from my brand new radio I got. It says "Radio did not respond" when I try to download the base so I can add my frequencies into the radio. Please help. I downloaded the new version of Chirp. Did I not need to do so... If not can I get an older version of it. When my radio actually worked. Please help. Thanks
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Matthew Wachala

Radio did not respond is an indication of a cable issue. Not plugged
in fully or incompatible device driver. A lot of people are getting
this when they upgrade to Windows 10 because it installs the latest,
but incompatible, Prolific device driver. In that case you have to
downgrade to the v3.2.0.0 device driver per the instructions on the
miklor.com website.