[chirp_users] - character no supporting in Name field anymore?

Nick Ellson
Sun Jan 3 13:57:42 PST 2016

Just the single dash (minus sign) that I am typing.

It worked on the build I grabbed in September.

From: chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com [mailto:chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com] On Behalf Of Tim Miranda
Sent: Sunday, January 03, 2016 12:42 PM
To: Discussion of CHIRP <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>
Subject: Re: [chirp_users] - character no supporting in Name field anymore?

Quick question:

Is it the dash character - or longer emdash character that is autogenerated in word or excel with a double dash?

Tim kc1ajj

On Jan 3, 2016 3:29 PM, "Nick Ellson" <nickolas.ellson at gmail.com <mailto:nickolas.ellson at gmail.com> > wrote:

Just imported my Kenwood D72A radio to make some mods after downloading the CHIRP daily-20151225 build, chirp shows all my previously added channels with the – character in them, but if I touch any of them it coughs errors says the – is not a supported character?

Is that a change based on model? My Radio supports it and it makes the display of multiple repeater channels nice to visually separate.

W7AIA-1

W7AIA-2 (etc)

N7CKY

Nick