[chirp_users] Chirp won't read CSV files correctly

Chris Nordstrom
Sun Feb 28 18:26:18 PST 2016

I think I understand why there is so much confusion -- my purpose was
not to use a third party tool specifically for editing the data, it was
because I already have numerous CSV files created by Excel or by export
from another radio.  I wanted to use one of these files to get my
initial channel list into the new KG-UV8D without having to type in the
data one row at a time.

That's where I started having trouble.  As you say, those files did not
contain the extra commas for the empty columns and that is why I got
errors right off the bat.  After deleting the extra columns (I just
deleted the header text) and then Chirp was able to read and import the
file without the mismatched column numbers error.  Then I discovered
that other fields must have a default number in it even if not used
(rToneFreq for instance.  I fixed that and now all is good.

Regards, Chris W7CFN