[chirp_users] Chirp won't read CSV files correctly

dnlrice at frontiernet.net
Sat Feb 27 05:51:00 PST 2016

Ran into the same problems.  Gave up on Chirp and just bought one of the better disk.  Worked like a champ with no problems at all.KB7YIJ

    On Friday, February 26, 2016 12:26 PM, Tom Hayward <tom at tomh.us> wrote:

 On Fri, Feb 26, 2016 at 11:04 AM, Chris Nordstrom <cfnordstrom at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a KG-UV8D.  I can use Chirp to read from the radio, and save the
> image and create a CSV file.  But if I modify the CSV file and then try
> to open it from Chirp, I get various errors.  I was able to successfully
> import 15 memories (plus the default 0 channel the Chirp creates --
> don't know what this is), but when Chirp encounters the next line (16th
> entry) in my CSV file if barfs and says "Mismatched column numbers line
> 17".

Computers don't lie--I bet line 17 of your CSV file has mismatched
line numbers, just as the error says. If you attach or post a link to
your CSV file, I could tell for sure.

Excel has a known bug where it will remove empty cells from a CSV
file. Maybe that's what did it. I generally don't recommend using
anything other than Chirp to edit Chirp files.

More background reading here:
http://chirp.danplanet.com/projects/chirp/wiki/CSV_HowTo

Tom KD7LXL