[chirp_users] Chirp won't read CSV files correctly

Chris Nordstrom
Sun Feb 28 18:14:29 PST 2016

Okay -- here's the thing -- to be useful, computers and software should
always make things easier for us humans, not the other way around.  I've
been doing this for a long time with various programming applications
(such as RT Systems or FTBasicMMO and others) to program radios and I
have ALWAYS been able to use Excel CSV files and NEVER had as much
trouble with any software as I've had with Chirp--the CSV files just
import and apparently the programming software ignores what it doesn't
like.

Now I am experimenting with Chirp because I did not want to put out
another $45 bucks to RT Systems,  that's it -- I'm a cheapskate.
Granted, Chirp is WAY more friendly and useful than the standard Wouxun
programming software.

I already have numerous CSV files with all the repeater data that I need
for various applications, some local, some in cities where I travel and
I wanted to use this, not start from scratch entering data one line at a
time into another programming tool.  It's just easier to keep everything
in one format -- essentially a database -- that I can carve up and use
any way I want.

So, it's been a steep learning curve for me, and I did not mean to
ruffle so many feathers, but I think I'm up to speed now and Chirp is
now another tool in the toolbox...so to speak.

Regards, Chris W7CFN