[chirp_users] TK-790 users, developer need help from you...

Tom Hayward
Tue Feb 23 10:41:48 PST 2016

On Tue, Feb 23, 2016 at 6:59 AM, Pavel Milanes (CO7WT)
<co7wt at frcuba.co.cu> wrote:
> Hi, I'm Pavel Milanes one of the Chirp developers,
>
> I'm developing the driver for the Kenwood TK-790 radio, and found that
> this radio has a two front versions, one simple with a front speakers
> and other complex with a lot of buttons and no front speaker.
>
> I need help from users with the complex front head, the need is for
> testing the alpha code of the driver to get an image of this radios to
> compare if the complex head is identical to the simplex one, if not then
> to make the pertinent mods to the driver to get support to the two versions.

I have access to both the complex single-head and complex dual-head
Kenwood TK-790H radio. Both are the 148-174 versions (but they work
fine in 2m 144-148 MHz). Please provide a loadable Chirp module and I
will send you the .img.

Tom KD7LXL