[chirp_users] 20160209 Build Issue

Walt Childson
Tue Feb 9 17:09:40 PST 2016

I've been playing around.

It appeared that the Prolific driver was not in my device manager. So I
attempting to do all sort of things. I uninstalled those other programs
(baefeng, HRD). I tried to execute the "fake driver" on the miklor site
(even though I believe I have a valid FTDI chip). I also uninstalled Chip
and installed 2/9/16 again. Every time I plug in my cable, it does not find
the driver in my drive, and when it uses Microsoft, it creates a standard
USB Serial driver.

When I drilled down into updating the driver, and changed the highlight
from FTDI to Prolific, my operating (Windows 7) crashed and had to go into
the automatic repairing of itself.

Any sort of brainstorming will help.

Thanks

Walt