[chirp_users] Information

Jim Unroe
Wed Feb 3 18:17:22 PST 2016

On Wed, Feb 3, 2016 at 9:01 PM, NP3AR <NP3AR at gmx.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to program a Jetsresm JT270M. I have two main issues:
> 1. If I remove a memory from my list it remains a lighter color and I can't
> find a way of re-using that line.

You click in the "Frequency" cell and add a valid frequency. Then you
add the remaining parameters for that memory. It worked here an imaged
downloaded from the repository.

> 2. This radio has what is supposed to be a unique number to call it back
> over the air. It works. The problem, all radios come out of the factory with
> number 1000. The manual says it can be changed only when connected to the
> computer. However, there in no such a field on Chirp.

What settings get added to radio's driver are affected by many
factors. How long the developer has access to the radio, how important
the feature is to ham radio, how difficult it is to implement, etc.

> Any help will be appreciated.

You can add an issue and request to have this setting/feature added.
Then you'll have to wait and see if a developer (possibly with access
to a radio) is interested in taking this project on. You may be
requested to provide some images and testing.

CHIRP is open source. You can volunteer to add the feature that you
want/need yourself.

You can use the OEM software to edit this setting.