[chirp_users] Chirp update

Tom Hayward
Tue Dec 20 13:10:40 PST 2016

On Tue, Dec 20, 2016 at 12:34 PM, Mark <gingrich.ms at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have A uv5r programmed thru chirp and need to program a new bf8hp with same channels.  They both have different software. Can I use the same chirp software or do I Need to update to the new chirp update . Both came from beofeng tech along with their cable

You can probably use the same software, but my recommendation would be
to update it. If you want a more specific answer, you can look through
the changelog to see if there have been any changes to the BF8HP or
UV5R drivers since you downloaded Chirp:
http://chirp.danplanet.com/projects/chirp/repository/revisions
The easy thing to do is to just update it.

Once you have the latest version, download from both radios and
copy/paste the channels from one to the other. Then upload to the
one you pasted channels to.

Tom