[chirp_users] New UV5-RTP not recognized with BF-F8HP model selection

Dr. Hans-Christian Becker
Tue Dec 6 05:41:18 PST 2016

Apologies for flooding the list with my progress or lack thereof. I have
become little wiser now, though.

1- The BFB325 radio is recognized with the BF-F8HP selection in Chirp and
successfully programmed.
2- BUT: Memory channels with offset show "000.000" in the menu after
programming, although the operation is OK (it does transmit at the shift).
Shift indicators "+" and "-" are both on.
3- The BFB323 radio is recognized as a UV5-R. It can be programmed (with
the obvious exception of the 3 power levels) with Chirp.
4- The BFB323 radio behaves the same way as the BFB325; +/- both lit, shift
shows 000.000.

None of the radios above can be manually programmed for shift in memory
locations manually.

Furthermore, it seems that, e.g., transmit power can not be changed in a
programmed memory with BFB325, but it can be with BFB323.

I keep learning the quirks of these things :)

Cheers,
Hans-Christian SM7TLH/KG6POK