[chirp_users] Yaesu FT2800M reading error

YT9TP - Pedja
Tue Dec 6 03:05:12 PST 2016

I got Yaesu FT2800M and was eager to use Chirp to program it. It failed
reading data from this rig.

It ends up with message:

 > An error has occurred
 > Failed to communicate with radio: Failed to read header

I use CHIRP daily-20161123 but older versions did not work too.

I tried reading with G4HFQ FTB2800 and it reads rig properly so I am
sure my serial adapter works fine.

I see I am not the only one with this issue. There are few reports on
this issue on Chirp site but none got response.

Any hope?

--

YT9TP, Pedja
http://www.yt9tp.iz.rs