[chirp_users] FTDI good - not FTDI bad

John Bryant
Mon Aug 29 10:15:51 PDT 2016

I simply can't get the Prolific cable to work with my new Btech
uv-2501.  I've tried all the drvrs from the old 2007 drvr recommended on
the Miklor site to the very latest one from Prolific's site. Both of
them satisfy my Windows 7 (no yellow flag). But they all give the
"failed to enter clone mode" error. So, I've ordered a FTDI cable and
have crossed fingers that there isn't actually some problem with the
transceiver.