[chirp_users] Baofeng UV5R hack

Glenn
Sun Aug 28 12:13:42 PDT 2016

I was looking at that, but my screenreader will read what is in the fields, but does not really say what field it is.
I may need sighted assistance with this part.
Glenn
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Richard B. Emerson
  To: chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com
  Sent: Sunday, August 28, 2016 9:29 AM
  Subject: Re: [chirp_users] Baofeng UV5R hack

  "Yes and no" is right but...

  Among CHIRP's many features is the ability to put new entries into a specific place in your list of channels. For example, I have a lot of repeater entries covering several counties in the area. I also want all marine VHF frequencies and NOAA VHF weather frequencies. I want to leave space for more repeater frequencies (for use while traveling). When doing the "import", there are buttons for selecting the first memory slot for the group of imported frequencies. Look at the list of channel numbers on left side of the import list. As you use the "+/- 100", "+/- 10" and "+/-1" buttons, you'll see the channel slots the frequencies will go into. This will make more sense when you see it happen on your PC screen. :-)

  HTH

  73 de KC3DOO
  Rick