[chirp_users] Baofeng UV5R hack

Richard B. Emerson
Sun Aug 28 07:29:07 PDT 2016

"Yes and no" is right but...

Among CHIRP's many features is the ability to put new entries into a
specific place in your list of channels. For example, I have a lot of
repeater entries covering several counties in the area. I also want all
marine VHF frequencies and NOAA VHF weather frequencies. I want to leave
space for more repeater frequencies (for use while traveling). When
doing the "import", there are buttons for selecting the first memory
slot for the group of imported frequencies. Look at the list of channel
numbers on left side of the import list. As you use the "+/- 100", "+/-
10" and "+/-1" buttons, you'll see the channel slots the frequencies
will go into. This will make more sense when you see it happen on your
PC screen. :-)

HTH

73 de KC3DOO
Rick