[chirp_users] Baofeng UV5R hack

John LaMartina
Sun Aug 28 05:05:28 PDT 2016

Your frequency expansion using CHIRP or and other software will be very limited due to the internal filtering.
The limitations can be found at http://www.miklor.com/uv5r/UV5R-Expand.php

John
http://www.miklor.com

-----Original Message-----
From: chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com [mailto:chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com] On Behalf Of Glenn
Sent: Sunday, August 28, 2016 2:31 AM
To: Discussion of CHIRP
Subject: Re: [chirp_users] Baofeng UV5R hack

I saw 60 meter in the stock config list, and thought, what the heck!
But I'm having a hard time finding a stock config option that will give me everything, and the ability to punch in the frequency.
The marine band wanted to put like 60 or more channels into my radio.
I haven't found my local law enforcement frequency yet either.
If I knew how to just open it all up, I'd just punch in the frequency and set it.
Glenn