[chirp_users] Unable to read UV-2501

Brent Wells
Fri Aug 26 10:37:44 PDT 2016

Ok bear with me. I work for one of the Highway Offices here in KY and I'm on the road today....

I ordered one of the recommended cables, suggested either by Miklor or the BaofengTech website. Can't remember. (Just confirmed, was Miklor). For mine he recommended a FTDI cable. After my laptop is turned on and everything...I plug the cable into my laptop and let the drivers (in the cable) load. Gave me an error that didn't load properly. I then had to go to this site (http://www.ftdichip.com) and download a different set of drivers....load those, restart my laptop and make sure the correct ones were being used in my Device Manager (yellow icon showing up in my Coms/Ports area). Then after all that....it was THEN that I plug it into my actual radio. NOT easy.

Brent (N4BDW)
Sent from my iPhone