[chirp_users] Not working with new Baofeng UV-5X3

John LaMartina
Tue Aug 23 17:03:33 PDT 2016

This is not a Baofeng, it is a BTech 5X3.
I have 2 of the 5X3 models and the work as they should with CHIRP.

-----Original Message-----
From: chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com [mailto:chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com] On Behalf Of chirp at ish.net
Sent: Tuesday, August 23, 2016 7:45 PM
To: chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com
Subject: [chirp_users] Not working with new Baofeng UV-5X3

My new Baofeng UV-5X3 tri-band HT -- https://baofengtech.com/uv-5x3 -- just arrived and CHIRP does not even communicate with it. I
have a fair amount of experience with other Baofeng models and the software, and I confirmed that exactly the same configuration and
cabling is still working with my UV-5R.

I have the 20160819 release of CHIRP. I tried using the UV-5X setting first, and then after than didn't work tried a number of other
settings including UV-5R, BF-F8HP, and so on. The "Clone progress" dialogue is shown but the progress bar remains unmoved, an error
dialogue pops up that reads "An error has occurred" and "Radio did not respond", followed by a delay before the radio lights up its
LED green and then red.

This is on Windows 10 and I could try on Ubuntu 16.04 if requested, but as I said this is a working system for other radios.

-- Mike

-----
No virus found in this message.