[chirp_users] Chirp and the volume control

Frederick R. McDougall
Mon Aug 22 20:30:54 PDT 2016

On my uv5rc unit the volume control does control the volume of the
speaker/mic.  Thus it would also control the amplitude of the radio to
computer signal while reading the radio.  I expect that the chip in the
cable starts with an adc which would only give a high with adequate volume
level.  My cable and radio works at half volume but other combos could need
full volume and higher is better.

My canadian nickel's worth (no pennies here).
Fred VA6FRM