[chirp_users] General: Updating CHIRP

Jim Unroe
Wed Aug 10 19:06:28 PDT 2016

On Wed, Aug 10, 2016 at 9:21 PM, Richard B. Emerson
<pavilion at pinefields.com> wrote:
> How are non-alpha/beta updates handled? That is, given all the daily
> releases (i.e., alpha testing), is there ever a "looks pretty stable to
> me" release? What I've got now does what I need done (very well - good
> on ya!). OTOH, a new release might do something useful that I don't have
> in the release I use. But I prefer not to do alpha or beta testing if I
> can avoid it. So... how often does a stable release come out?
>
> 73 de KC3DOO
> Rick

There is a battery of tests done on each build before it is released.
So technically each daily build released is the latest stable build.

If CHIRP is working well for you, you do not need to upgrade.

My rule of thumb for when to upgrade is...
1 when a bug that affects you has been fixed
2 when a feature that you want has been added
3 when you get a new radio

I subscribed to the developer mailing list and whenever there is a new
build, I get an email sent to me letting me know of the new build and
what the changes are (new radio support, bug fixes, added features,
etc).