[chirp_users] General: Updating CHIRP

Bill Bartilson
Wed Aug 10 18:44:52 PDT 2016

As I understand it, the code itself (written in python) is quite mature and stable.

The updates are centered around adding support for new radios and new radio variants, and also when bugs (usually related to the behavior of a specific radio or variant in the wild) are squashed.

So the best build is always the newest one available…

It worked out of the box for me the first time and I’ve never seen or experience a bug of any kind in my (very limited) use.

So unless you have a radio that is not supported, I don’t think you could fairly call yourself an alpha or beta tester.

My understanding is that the functionality of CHIRP meets or exceeds the functionality of paid software in most cases.

The fact that it’s working for what you (and I) need is a testament to that fact.

Does that answer your question?  The short answer is that ALL releases are now production ready and stable, to the degree that you are asking the question.

-B