[chirp_users] USB LiveBoot ?

Bruce LeGrande
Tue Aug 2 00:21:39 PDT 2016

Just looked at the LiveCD image file for Chirp and woah!, that seems MUCH larger than it needs to be... (600+Mb)

I'm interested in setting up a bootable USB stick with an autorun Chirp session for programming my Baofeng UV-82HP.

I'm getting the 'Unsupported firmware version: "N82-33 US2S35 /Uffffffff/Uffffffff" with Chirp v0.4.0

The hardware is an ACER AspireOne NetBook (AMD64).

It would seem that this project SHOULD fit on a 1-Gb USB Stick with plenty of room to spare to store radio programming data.

Anyone have an ISO for this...

I'm  getting Puppy Linux and DSLinux Live boot ISO's  right now in case I have to use an IMG burn file of Chirp.
PuppyLinux ISO is only 225Mb, and I think DamnSmallLinux is even smaller.

And on a second note...
Is anyone working on an Android App
port of Chirp ?
Sure would be nice to prgm the radios with a SmartPhone or Tablet...
Of course, that would require a cable with a MicroUSB connector.

73 4 now
Bruce

Sent from BlueMail