[chirp_users] Difficulty transferring data from Chirp to Yaesu VX-8DR using Macbook Air

Tom Hayward
Fri Apr 29 14:19:38 PDT 2016

On Fri, Apr 29, 2016 at 2:09 PM, Steve B <kpm9g26 at gmail.com> wrote:
> 1) Is there a driver suitable for this cable that will not interfere with
> existing Mac drivers so that I can still connect my other devices, such as
> digital cameras and videos?

Such is the problem with drivers -- once you install one, you cannot
use the computer for anything else. This is why so many people
dedicate an old computer to just radio programming tasks.

Okay, I'm just pulling your leg! Yes, you can install the drivers for
your cable and continue using the computer for other things.

You'll need to ask the seller or manufacturer of your cable for the
driver. There's no way to know from the picture what kind of chip it
has inside it, which is what dictates the choice of driver. Drivers
are typically distributed with the cable.

Tom KD7LXL