[chirp_users] Can't Write to Yaesu FT-06

Tom Hayward
Wed Apr 27 13:11:23 PDT 2016

On Wed, Apr 27, 2016 at 12:04 PM,  <bob at n4rfc.com> wrote:
> Here is what I found....probably not helpful, but data points at any rate.
>
> Connected to the FT-60, on download I see RTS/CTS (connected together) go
> high, that is important as it powers my interface.  Then a good stream of
> data as it is downloaded.
>
> On upload, I see RTS/CTS go high, then one short data burst, maybe a couple
> of characters, then the error pops up and data stops and RTS/CTS goes low.
>
> I did one other thing, I loaded the program on my Macbook Air.  I got the
> same results, I can read the FT-60 but not write it.  I can read and write
> the FT-8900 on the Macbook same as on the PC.
>
> It could be the Chirp software, or it could be hardware.  But, as far as the
> hardware, it doesn't make sense that the FTB60 will work ok.
>
> Suggestions anyone?
>
> Bob -N4RFC

I'm guessing this is the behavior you observed from Chirp. What could
be really helpful in identifying the problem is to also observe the
behavior of FTB60 and report any differences to Chirp. Since your
outcomes are different with each software, they must be doing
something different. If the difference is identified, we could tweak
Chirp to work more like FTB60.

Tom