[chirp_users] chirp-daily-20160419-win32: Hide Unused Fields, Smart Tone Modes

Lee Houde
Wed Apr 27 06:15:29 PDT 2016

Perhaps the problem is you are TOO familiar with other programming methods.
I am a novice to CHIRP; I read the programming info & the detailed field
definitions and was merrily up and programming in a few minutes. There were
a few minor hiccups understanding some of the idiosyncrasies of the system
but nothing of any significance. I was quite happy with the learning
experience and didn't find programming in CHIRP difficult at all.

I noted a similar experience in driving automobiles. When driving a new car
for the first time, I find I am much more successful if I shift using the
shift pattern of the new car, rather than the shift pattern of my old car.

Lee N8VYH