[chirp_users] Can't Write to Yaesu FT-06

bob at n4rfc.com
Tue Apr 26 10:37:41 PDT 2016

I have the same problem with writing to a Yaesu FT-60 handheld. I can
download from the FT-60, but when I write I get a "Failed to communicate
with radio: Radio is not responding" error.

I have checked the issues page and see there was a issue with writing to
the FT-60 that was deemed closed after reloading drivers for the
Prolific Chipset. My USB/RS-323 interface is a FTDI. The interface is a
homebrew RS-232 to TTL level shifter that works, with a different cable,
just fine to read and write to my FT-8900R.

I suspect there is some timing differences between the two radios.

The computer is a Winders 7 - 64 bit 3gHz I3 Processor with 8 gB ram. I
am running the latest download of Chrip (4/19/16).

Is there any logging going on in Chrip that I can enable and look at?

Regards,

Bob - N4RFC