[chirp_users] QYT 8900r

Larry Lovell
Mon Apr 25 18:16:24 PDT 2016

Ok, this is the latest.  I downloaded some software called Free Device
Monitoring Studio.
I was able to read using CHIRP CHIRP daily-20160415.  It collected some
data files, but CHIRP did not record what was in the radio.
I will try Portmon on my XP laptop tomorrow, but I will send the data file
to see if it helps.
Getting the Prolific Cable to work has been a real challenge, but it
appears to be working at this time on my Windows 10 PC.
I will send it to http://chirp.danplanet.com/issues/3547 as a file.  I
zipped it, but it disappeared.  Bad day.
Good news this version of CHIRP did read and save the data on second try.

On Mon, Apr 25, 2016 at 6:28 PM, Jim Unroe <rock.unroe at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 25, 2016 at 7:33 PM, Larry Lovell <larry.lovell76 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > I have one computer Windows 10 64 bit, One Windows 7 64 bit and one XP 32
> > bit.
> > I could not get Portman to work on any system.
> > On the XP system, I could not get the USB to serial adapter to work,
> tried
> > different drivers also tried RS232 direct, but no luck..
> > I have some software that should program the KT-8900, but I keep getting
> > errors of some sort.
> > CHIRP latest version causes the radio to beep, which is the most anything
> > has done.
> > Any other software that I could try to get you the data?
> >

> I use Portmon on my Windows XP laptop. If your programming cable has a
> Prolific type chip you have to install the Prolific v2.0.2.1 device
> driver.
>
> CHIRP doesn't make the radio beep. The radio beeps when it exits clone
> mode. That is how the radio works. So it will do this with any
> software that you use. The OEM software will even make it beep when
> the software starts. So turn the volume down all the way if you don't
> want to hear it.
>
> Jim KC9HI

Larry Lovell
73's N7RGW