[chirp_users] QYT 8900r

Jim Unroe
Mon Apr 25 17:28:29 PDT 2016

On Mon, Apr 25, 2016 at 7:33 PM, Larry Lovell <larry.lovell76 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have one computer Windows 10 64 bit, One Windows 7 64 bit and one XP 32
> bit.
> I could not get Portman to work on any system.
> On the XP system, I could not get the USB to serial adapter to work, tried
> different drivers also tried RS232 direct, but no luck..
> I have some software that should program the KT-8900, but I keep getting
> errors of some sort.
> CHIRP latest version causes the radio to beep, which is the most anything
> has done.
> Any other software that I could try to get you the data?

I use Portmon on my Windows XP laptop. If your programming cable has a
Prolific type chip you have to install the Prolific v2.0.2.1 device
driver.

CHIRP doesn't make the radio beep. The radio beeps when it exits clone
mode. That is how the radio works. So it will do this with any
software that you use. The OEM software will even make it beep when
the software starts. So turn the volume down all the way if you don't
want to hear it.