[chirp_users] BaoFeng UV-82C Problems

Dan Jolley
Fri Apr 22 00:04:48 PDT 2016

Recently I purchased a new BaoFeng UV-82C from Amazon.
When I try to load the UV-82C from Chirp, the only selection I get is UV-82. There is no UV-82C in the list.

I looked at the Chirp Website and the UV-82C is clearly listed by itself.

All the other UV-82 and variants were listed in a separate section.
I am using the current version of Chirp, 2016-04-19.

The box I received clearly said UV-82C, but on the back of the radio where the battery goes it said UV-82.
Is this nomal? Shouldn't the radio say UV-82C? There was a sticker that said it complied with Part 90 of the FCC Rules.
Above that it has FCC-ID:ZP5BF-82.
In Chirp when I go to SETTINGS, OTHER SETTINGS, I get the following:

Firmware Message 1: Ver
Firmware Message 2: US2S25
6+Power-On Message 1: 160218N
6+Power-On Message 2: B820001
I don't see UV-82C anywhere in Chirp or the original BaoFeng programming software or on the radio itself.

I copied and pasted the list from the Chirp website showing the UV-82C is in a class by itself, but does not show up when I load Chirp to read from the radio.
Could I have received a UV-82 by mistake instead of a UV-82C?
Any help or clarification on this issue is greatly appreciated. Sorry to trouble everyone with something so trivial, I know you have more important problems to solve.Thank you,Dan Jolley
PS - I have two BaoFeng BF-888s, four UV-5R and six UV-5RTP so I am very familiar with using Chirp. I am also using the FTDI cable with Windows 10 64 bit.
I copied and pasted the list of radios from the CHIRP Website below.

Baofeng/Pofung
   - F-11
   - UV-3R
   - UV-5R and variants