[chirp_users] News about the Chirp development in the next spin.

Pavel Milanes (CO7WT)
Thu Apr 14 12:31:36 PDT 2016

Hi to all, some news about the patches in the development queue and some
other infos.

The btech driver (for all supported radios looking similar to the
btechs) has a bug about the driver not retrying the identification (aka:
the driver does just one attempt) a patch for fixing that is on the
queue, the driver will do 3 attempts, all due to a line not being
tabulated correctly. (sorry, my fault)

That must fix what some user are reporting as "not working in the first
try" or "not working from a cold start"

A new generation for the BTECH UV-2510+220 was discovered today, if any
of you had faced a "Radio identification failed" error with this model
you must try the next daily of Chirp that will contain support for this
new version, all points that this is a second generation of the BTECH
UV-2510+220.

*Mental note for you:* If you found a BTECH like radio that is supported
on Chirp but it says "Radio identification failed" you may have hit a
new variant, go to the chirp forum and left us a issue with a debug.log
attached, that will speed up things a lot. (search in the chirp's wiki
for "how to report a bug" for instructions)

Support for the Sainsonic GT-890 is waiting on the develop queue to be
applied also.

Some users have experimented problems working the Juentai JT-6188 *Mini*
with Chirp, we realize today that there is a new spin on this radios:
the Juentai JT-6188 *Plus*. If any of you has this new _Plus_ radio we
are willing to work with you for get it supported on chirp, just drop me
and email.

This is getting the users confused as Chirp listed the JT-6188 *Mini* as
a Clone of the QYT KT8900, but the new JT-6188 *Plus* is a totally
different radio and is not supported by Chirp yet (this new model has
220Mhz and a fan)

--
73 Pavel CO7WT.
A proud Chirp's developer