[chirp_users] VX-6R won't download from radio

Barth Howard
Fri Sep 25 16:45:39 PDT 2015

I'm a newby to the group ... not having any problems using the software
with my Baofeng UV-B5, but I can not download my Yaesu VX-6R to the
software. Once I press  the band button  to begin the download ,  a few
seconds go by  LCD  reads out ERROR. I don't see any obvious VX-6R problems
listed ... but can anybody confirm that the current build is working fine
with the VX-6R? Or do I have a cable problem?  Using Windows 7 and the
driver is working fine for the other radio. So I either have a Vx-6R cable
problem ... likely is a counterfeit Prolific chip in it ... OR WHAT ELSE?
Any thoughts?

Warm regards,
Barth  n2abc