[chirp_users] Baofeng UV-82HP, cannot download from radio

Jim Unroe
Fri Sep 25 16:04:37 PDT 2015

On Fri, Sep 25, 2015 at 6:55 PM, Elaine K. O. <espamtrap at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a brand new UV-82HP. I connected it with the cable, and the cable
> loaded the USB Serial driver automatically. When I plug the radio in, the
> computer sees it on COM4. This is on Windows 8.1.
> I'm running the latest version of CHIRP, 20150814. The radio's firmware is
> US2S35.
> Anyway, when I try to download from the radio, I get this message: "Radio
> refused to send block 0x1ec0".
> The display on the radio seems to reset when I do this.
> I'm not sure what to try next.The cable is plugged in securely. Any ideas
> what to do?
> Thanks!

Look in device manager to see what type of USB-to-TTL chip is in your
programming cable. If it is a Prolific type chip, then look to see
what device driver version is installed. If it is not v3.2.0.0 (it
won't be unless you already downgraded it) it most likely is not
compatible with this chip. You will have to downgrade the device
driver to this version v3.2.0.0.

http://www.miklor.com/COM/UV_Drivers.php