[chirp_users] Baofeng UV-82HP, cannot download from radio

Elaine K. O.
Fri Sep 25 15:55:29 PDT 2015

Hi,
I have a brand new UV-82HP. I connected it with the cable, and the cable
loaded the USB Serial driver automatically. When I plug the radio in, the
computer sees it on COM4. This is on Windows 8.1.
I'm running the latest version of CHIRP, 20150814. The radio's firmware is
US2S35.
Anyway, when I try to download from the radio, I get this message: "Radio
refused to send block 0x1ec0".
The display on the radio seems to reset when I do this.
I'm not sure what to try next.The cable is plugged in securely. Any ideas
what to do?
Thanks!