[chirp_users] UV5RE+ N5R-213 bug? Dual watch w no priority. Set to slot A, gets RX in slot B reverts to A to TX

Michael Butler
Tue Sep 22 01:13:04 PDT 2015

I had one follow up question/clarification to this. I thought my UV5-R+
'design flaw' of automatically changing the transmit channel was the most
irritating issue with the radio, anyway glad to hear Baofeng resolved it in
later firmware and my new BF-F8HP works as I thought my UV5R originally
should.

My question is can the firmware be updated on the UV5-R to a more current
revision to resolve this issue? From looking at the following link on
miklor.com, the answer appears to be no, but I thought I'd confirm: *Note:
The firmware chip is fixed and cannot be re-flashed
<http://www.miklor.com/uv5r/UV5R-Firmware.php>*.

* BTW, appreciate the email discussion as I've learned quite a bit about
the software, programming, drivers, operating system compatibility issues,
radios, cables, etc... just by following along here.

Michael
W0MTB

On Fri, Sep 11, 2015 at 6:46 AM, David Buss <kd9ebr at gmail.com> wrote:

> My older UV-82 will go to the chanel that had the last RX. My BF-F8+ and
> my UV-82HP stay on the channel that I told it to be on. Of course the
> UV-82's have the dual ptt. I actually like the fact that it keeps the
> channel I selected, that way if I'm talking on one frequency and the other
> frequency has a station id, I can keep talking on the original frequency
> without fear of my radio transmitting on the wrong frequency. I see the
> benefit of the other as well. Of course I am new to the hobby and don't
> know any better yet. It just works fine for me at this time.
>
> Sent from my android device.

*This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended
prohibited.*