[chirp_users] UV 5R use on Public Service VHF

Tom Hayward
Mon Sep 21 15:48:23 PDT 2015

On Sun, Sep 20, 2015 at 7:09 PM, Sarge ex 7thAF <0101.smd at gmail.com> wrote:
>   However we must provide our own radios. It reads like the UV 5R could
> possibly do this on VHF analog repeaters. I think their is more programming
> steps that must be done in order to make it possible.  An example freq as
> xmitted by my county repeater  is 155.655. There are several others.
>   If someone could post step by step how to do this I would greatly
> appreciate it.

Everyone, please keep this thread on topic. Issues of legality can be
satisfied by searching the FCC certification database and by reading
the relevant parts of CFR Title 47. This mailing list should only be
used for discussion of Chirp itself.

You can program odd-split repeaters with Chirp by setting the Duplex
column to "split" and then typing the transmit frequency into the
Offset column, as described here:
http://chirp.danplanet.com/projects/chirp/wiki/MemoryEditorColumns#Duplex

I'm going to refrain from the step-by-stop how-to. If you need this
level of detail, I recommend you find a professional to program your
radio. The stakes are high in the public safety band--an error in
programming could interfere with a life-safety operation.

Tom KD7LXL