[chirp_users] COM 5

Michael Brazier
Mon Sep 21 06:03:26 PDT 2015

Thanks Steve.

I’ve got everything working till now I get the “Incorrect ‘Model’ selected”.  I’ve selected the Baofeng 5R and my friend’s are 5RTP so I’m not sure why it doesn’t recognise them.  Steve could it be because I’m using my data cable not the friend’s?

Mick.

From: chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com [mailto:chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com] On Behalf Of slynchmob at aol.com
Sent: Monday, September 21, 2015 9:37 PM
To: chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com
Subject: Re: [chirp_users] COM 5

Name is Steve an glad it help

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Brazier <mikeb1951 at optusnet.com.au>
To: 'Discussion of CHIRP' <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>
Sent: Sun, Sep 20, 2015 8:55 pm

Hi (Sorry I couldn’t see a name on the email).

Thanks for your help Mate.  It has solved that issue and Chirp cloned my radio without any problem (had to change from COM 5 to 4).  Now I plug the UV-5RTP in and it goes to start to upload but then I get "An error has occurred - Radio did not respond.  Something in my brain is telling me I should be doing something else to prepare the radio but since my stroke the brain doesn't always work that well.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Kind regards,

Mick.